Wednesday News/Links - 8/5/09
The latest news on the Blues, as well as news from around the NHL and sports world.
- Paul Kariya is training hard to make a solid comeback this coming season.
- Wednesday night (tonight 8/5), Blues players Patrik Berglund and prospect Aaron Palushaj will be on KMOX with Chris Kerber and Kevin Wheeler sometime between 6pm and 8pm. Good to see Berglund is already back in the St. Louis area.
- One of the best video game athletes to have ever lived is retiring. Jeremy Roenick is set to announce his retirement this Thursday. His legacy lives on in NHL '94 and movies such as Swingers (look, he made little Wayne's head bleed).
- Though it has been reported and talked about for a while now, Shanahan has agreed to terms with the Devils.
- Dany Heatley is expected to talk soon, and the location that keeps popping up is San Jose. Here is an article stating the Sharks' Heatley dilemma.
- Five reasons Gary Dell'Abate of the Howard Stern Show loves hockey, and five reasons from blogging pioneer Paul Kukla.
- The Russian Olympic roster is an intimidating pool of players, highlighted by Ovechkin, Malkin and Nabokov.
Video(s) of the Week - Part 2
Ok, so it is the second (and third) video of the week, but who is complaining.
As a tribute to one of the best video game characters ever, the scene from Swingers featuring Jeremy Roenick. "It's not so much me as it is Roenick, he's good." Warning for language, obviously.
Titanic - reduced to the length it should be - 5 seconds.